- Compare and Contrast the Mesoamerican civilizations, the North American civilizations, and Caribbean Islanders.
- Describe the geographical necessities when developing large population clusters.
- Describe the impact of religion in developing and maintaining societies in the Americas.
- Describe how commerce and conversion in Europe encouraged exploration into the Americas.
- Analyze the impact of religious conflict (Catholicism, Protestantism, and Islam) on the social authorities of Europe.
- Explain how technological inventions encouraged exploration and conquest.
- Compare and contrast Muslim slavery to European indentured servitude.
- Describe the major West African kingdoms religions, political structure, and family structure.
- Explain the role of slavery in West African Kingdoms and the Islamic Empire.