Graphs of Cosine and Sine Functions
As noted previously, circular functions can be treated as functions of real numbers. In this module we will graph the Cosine and Sine functions.
Review: Even-Odd property, coterminal angle property, domain and range of the Cosine and Sine functions.
- Periodicity and Periodic Functions; period of Cosine and Sine functions.
- Domain and Range of Cosine and Sine Functions
- Fundamental Cycle
- Apply transformations to find the graphs of f(x) = A COS (Bx + C) + D and A.SIN(BX + C) + D
- Amplitude, phase-shift, period and vertical-shift
- Rewrite sum or difference of cosine and/or
- sine expressions in terms of f(x) = A COS (Bx + C) + D or A.SIN(BX + C) + D