America and the Industrial Revolution 1800-1850
- Explain ket developments in the national economy, including the rise of business, growth of cities, and changes in federal land policy.
- Analyze the factors that led to the Panic of 1819, assessing the Panic's impact upon the nation.
- Identify and describe key developments in transport technology, explaining how they contributed to the formation of a national economy.
- Describe the process of industrialization in the Northeast, comparing and contrasting the Northeast with other regions in the United States.
- Identify the sources of labor used by the early textile factories and the Northeast.
- Describe the development of communications technology, especially the telegraph, and explain how they improved communications on a national level.
- Identify the formation of social classes, explaining how they developed as a consewuence of industrialization.
- Describe the people who comprised each level of social class.