Chapter 4.2 - Graphs of Rational Functions
Khan Academy - Graphing Rational Functions
Paul's Online Notes - Graphing Rational Functions
Graphing Rational Functions
Graphs of Rational Functions
Use graphs to prepare the students for rational inequalities.
Information obtained about the asymptotes and zeros of a rational function from the previous section would be helpful in drawing the graph of a rational function quickly.
- Singular points of a rational function
- Behavior of a rational function around a singular point
- End-behavior of a rational function
- Vertical, horizontal and slant/curve asymptotes
- Zeros of a rational function
- Use the information about the asymptotes and zeros to draw the graph of a rational function
- Identify points of intersection of the graph and horizontal asymptote
- Determine the intercepts of the graph
- Find intervals over which the rational function is negative valued or positive valued.