Chapter 10.1 - Exercises
Khan Academy - Degrees, Radians
Khan Academy - Angular and Linear Speed
Khan Academy - Coterminal Angles
Angles and Their Measures
TMM002 PRECALCULUS (Revised March 21, 2107)
2a. Analyze angles.Routine analysis of angle measurements, units, and arithmetic.*
- The student can measure drawings of angles using degrees and radians and convert between the two systems.
- The student can estimate measurements of angles and sketch angles with given measurements.
Section 1: Angles and Their Measures
This module introduces basic notions of angles and their measures.
- Terminology of angles
- Acute, obtuse, straight, reflexive angles
- Complementary and supplementary angles
- Coterminal Angles
- Negative and positive angles
- Angle Measurement – Degree and Radians
- Decimal degrees and Degree-Minute-Second system
- Definition of π
- Central Angle and Radian Measure
- Degree – Radian Conversion
- Sector, arc length, area
- Angular speed and linear speed, and applications