Ellipse - conic section, foci, major and minor axes, vertices, standard form, eccentricity
TMM 002 PRECALCULUS (Revised March 21, 2017)
AdditionalOptional Learning Outcomes:
2. Geometry: The successful Precalculus student can:
2f. Represent conic sections algebraically via equations of two variables and graphically by drawing curves.
- The student can perform the process “completing the square” transforming the equation into a standard form.
- The student can draw curves representing conic sections.
- The student can solve systems of equations involving linear and quadratic functions.
- The student can parametrize conic curves.
Section 1: Ellipses
In this module we will learn about ellipses.
- Foci, Minor and Major Axes, Vertices, Center
- Standard equation vertical and horizontal ellipses