Under the mayor-council system, the ________.
- legislative and executive responsibilities are separated
- political and administrative functions are separated
- mayor chairs the city council
- city council selects the mayor
Which of the following is not one of the three forms of county government?
- the commission system
- the council-elected executive system
- the mayor-council system
- the council-administrator system
What are the primary responsibilities of municipal governments?
Municipal governments are responsible for providing clean water as well as sewage and garbage disposal. They maintain city facilities, such as parks, streetlights, and stadiums. In addition, they address zoning and building regulations, promote economic development, and provide law enforcement, public transportation, and fire protection.