Which of the following is not one of the presumed components of happiness?
- using our talents to help improve the lives of others
- learning new skills
- regular pleasurable experiences
- identifying and using our talents to enrich our lives
Researchers have identified a number of factors that are related to happiness. Which of the following is not one of them?
- annual income up to $75,000
- physical attractiveness
How does positive affect differ from optimism?
- Optimism is more scientific than positive affect.
- Positive affect is more scientific than optimism.
- Positive affect involves feeling states, whereas optimism involves expectations.
- Optimism involves feeling states, whereas positive affect involves expectations.
Carson enjoys writing mystery novels, and has even managed to publish some of his work. When he’s writing, Carson becomes extremely focused on his work; in fact, he becomes so absorbed that that he often loses track of time, often staying up well past 3 a.m. Carson’s experience best illustrates the concept of ________.
- happiness set point
- positive affect