Which of the following are involved in post-transcriptional control?
- control of RNA splicing
- control of RNA shuttling
- control of RNA stability
- all of the above
Binding of an RNA binding protein will ________ the stability of the RNA molecule.
- neither increase nor decrease
- either increase or decrease
An unprocessed pre-mRNA has the following structure.
Which of the following is not a possible size (in bp) of the mature mRNA?
Alternative splicing has been estimated to occur in more than 95% of multi-exon genes. Which of the following is not an evolutionary advantage of alternative splicing?
- Alternative splicing increases diversity without increasing genome size.
- Different gene isoforms can be expressed in different tissues.
- Alternative splicing creates shorter mRNA transcripts.
- Different gene isoforms can be expressed during different stages of development.