- OER Text MaterialEye on Society: Doing Sociological ResearchEthical Issues in Social Science This section describes two kinds of ethical issues and/or guidelines that characterize sociological research.Sociological Research in the Service of Society Should the primary aim of sociological research be to help improve society, or should its primary aim be to discover social knowledge for its own sake? There is no right or wrong answer to this question. However, following in the spirit of the early American sociologists, this book hopes to show the relevance of sociological knowledge and insights, as derived from sound, objective research, for addressing many of the social issues facing American society and various nations around the world.
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Ohio Open Ed Collaborative
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, eBook, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.