- Parabola - conic section, focus, directrix, focal length, standard form, vertex form, completing the square method.TMM 002 PRECALCULUS (Revised March 21, 2017)AdditionalOptional Learning Outcomes:2. Geometry: The successful Precalculus student can:2f. Represent conic sections algebraically via equations of two variables and graphically by drawing curves.Sample Tasks:The student can perform the process “completing the square” transforming the equation into a standard form.The student can draw curves representing conic sections.The student can solve systems of equations involving linear and quadratic functions.The student can parametrize conic curves.
- Higher Education, Mathematics, Algebra, Geometry
- Material Type:
- Ohio Open Ed Collaborative
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.