(In)determinate forms modules
After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Understand what is meant by the form of a limit.
- Calculate limits of the form zero over zero.
- Calculate limits of the form nonzero number over zero.
- Identify determinate and indeterminate forms.
- Distinguish between determinate and indeterminate forms.
- Discuss why infinity is not a number.
Could it be anything?
Two young mathematicians investigate the arithmetic of large and small numbers.
Limits of the form zero over zero
We want to evaluate limits for which the Limit Laws do not apply.
Limits of the form nonzero over zero
What can be said about limits that have the form nonzero over zero?
Try these problems.