After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Recall how to find limits for forms that are determinate.
- Define an indeterminate form.
- Determine if a form is indeterminate.
- Convert some indeterminate forms to the form zero over zero or infinity over infinity.
- Determine when can l’Hôpital’s Rule be used.
- Use l’Hôpital’s Rule to find limits.
A limitless dialouge
Two young mathematicians consider a way to compute limits using derivatives.
We use derivatives to give us a ``short-cut'' for computing limits.