First fundamental theorem of calculus modules
After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Define accumulation functions.
- Calculate and evaluate accumulation functions.
- State the First Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
- Take derivatives of accumulation functions using the First Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
- Use accumulation functions to find information about the original function.
- Understand the relationship between the function and the derivative of its accumulation function.
What's in a calculus problem?
Two young mathematicians discuss what calculus is all about.
The First Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
The rate that accumulated area under a curve grows is described identically by that curve.