Application of integrals modules
After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Given a velocity function, calculate displacement and distance traveled.
- Given a velocity function, find the position function.
- Given an acceleration function, find the velocity function.
- Understand the difference between displacement and distance traveled.
- Understand the relationship between position, velocity and acceleration.
- Calculate the change in the amount.
- Compute the average value of the function on an interval.
- Understand that the average value of the function on an interval is attained by the function on that interval.
What could it represent?
Two young mathematicians discuss whether integrals are defined properly.
Applications of integrals
We give more contexts to understand integrals.