Hyperbola - conic section, foci, transverse and conjugate axes, vertices, asymptotes, standard form
TMM 002 PRECALCULUS (Revised March 21, 2017)
AdditionalOptional Learning Outcomes:
2. Geometry: The successful Precalculus student can:
2f. Represent conic sections algebraically via equations of two variables and graphically by drawing curves.
- The student can perform the process “completing the square” transforming the equation into a standard form.
- The student can draw curves representing conic sections.
- The student can solve systems of equations involving linear and quadratic functions.
- The student can parametrize conic curves.
We will learn about hyperbolas in this module.
- Transverse Axis, Foci, Asymptotes, Vertices, Reference Rectangle, Conjugate Axis
- Standard equation of vertical and horizontal hyperbolas, Transverse Axis, Foci, Asymptotes, Vertices, Reference Rectangle, Conjugate Axis