Exponential Models Modules
After completing this section, students should be able to do the following.
- Compute derivatives of common functions.
- Compute antiderivatives of common functions.
- Understand the relationship between derivatives and antiderivatives.
- Use algebra to manipulate the integrand.
- Evaluate indefinite and definite integrals through a change of variables.
- Evaluate integrals that require complicated substitutions.
- Recognize common patterns in substitutions.
Exponential and logarithmetic function
Exponential and logarithmic functions illuminated.
The origins of a logarithm
We look at the origins of a logarithm.
We investigate how the exponential functions model phenomena in the real world.